Monday, February 22, 2021

Floral Blazer

This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click through and make a purchase from these links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.


This lovely stretch cotton twill that was gifted to me by Minerva was perfect for this blazer!


I used view C of Simplicity 1421.  Of course I made a few hacks! 😊



I added a border to the pockets to coordinate with the black facings and collar using black stretch twill. 

I also eliminated  the buttons on the sleeves.  Been there, done that!  LOL!

I made my own bias tape for the Hong Kong finish - using a pretty print from my stash.




I love princess seams and these didn't disappoint.
  I love the shaping on this jacket!
 This is my 2nd time using this pattern, so it has become one of my TNTs! 

I always use my buttonhole kit after stitching buttonholes.  I makes for a nice, clean cut! 

I will be wearing this jacket year round...with jeans and skirts.


Of course I added my label - to the facing!



Do you have a favorite jacket pattern...or two? 

Do you love princess seams?


Do you have a favorite jacket pattern...or two? Do you love princess seams? 

Let me know in the comments!



 

Friday, February 5, 2021

Tote Bag with Fabric from Minerva

This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click through and make a purchase from these links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.

 Another Minerva Make!


I wanted to make a tote bag with my latest self-drafted pattern.  This cotton canvas print was perfect! I used a red and white polka dot polyester lining from my stash.


The construction was pretty straight forward...including the print matching!  I fused Fusible Pellon Flex Foam to the lining pieces.  

I used a 7' zipper to make the welt pocket on the front of the bag. The same red lining was used for the welt pocket. 



I then decided to add a back pocket to the back of the back of the bag with fabric from my stash.  And of course I added interior pockets.



I basted the back pocket before attaching the handles. 
I used black 1" light weight poly propylene webbing for the handles.



I'm pretty happy with the "boxing" on each side of the bag,  I created darts to get this effect.  I wasn't sure if it would work, so I did a quick draft before cutting this fabric.  
Yaaay! It worked!


The top zipper is an 18" jacket zipper...because that's what I prefer to use in my tote bags! 😉


Overall I'm very happy with the fabric and the finished bag!








Tunic! It's All About the Flutter!

This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click through and make a purchase from these links, I may earn a small commiss...