I used Simplicity's Cardigan pattern # 8377: link here
But I hacked it a lot more than the pattern suggests:
* I used the medium length (the view with the pleat in the back) but cut it much longer as I wanted it close to floor length.
* I did not cut a set-in sleeve - I cut a kimono style sleeve extended from the shoulder - so I ended up with 2 pattern pieces - front and back.
* I rounded the bodice front more - just because I wanted to! LOL!
* Oh! And I rounded the hem as well!
* I finished the side seams - (including inside the sleeves) with French seams, as I really didn't want any seams to show.
* I did not use the facing - because I did not want the weight of it - I really wanted this Modal Rayon fabric to remain light and airy. Instead, after much thought about the finishing and color, I opted for black packaged bias binding - I am sew, sew glad I did! I love the outcome!
Now...on to the binding!
Notice, for this demo, I did not cut the excess...I actually had too many distractions going on that day and did not want to have to do it over.