It's 100% cotton Ankara fabric from LeeLou Designs 720 and was perfect for this peplum top.
I used McCall's 6896 as my base. I chose this pattern because the bodice and peplum are all one piece. I really don't like the look of peplums that are attached to the bottom of the bodice...that seam line just does not look good on me.
Of course I hacked it! There is just no fun in using patterns or in sewing if you don't hack something. So this was the hack of the day! 😄
I wanted the look of view E, because I loved the slight open V front. Sorry, I did not get a great picture of that part.
Per the instructions I inserted a back zipper, but I chose to use an invisible zipper. I finished all the edges with black .25" purchased bias binding.
I purchased this ITY print last summer from Vogue Fabrics.
I am excited to announce that I will be starting my ONLINE SEWING CLASSES in the very near future...maybe a month or so from now.
I have a ton of ideas swirling around in my head, but I need your feedback regarding what types of sewing classes and/or techniques you are interested in.
Please comment below on your class ideas, needs and wants. If you are not comfortable with commenting below, please feel free to send me a PM.
Thanks for all of your support thus far! Can't wait to see your ideas!